The migration helpdesk was set up in 2014, thanks to a project funded by the Chiesa Valdese 8×1000.
The “rights and nonviolence helpdesk” aims to encourage the aggregation, the dialogue and the convergence of the cultures, the identities and the personal experiences of the communities it is reaching out to. All the above are alternative experiences and concrete responses to the dynamics of violence and social exclusion, that are spreading in an increasingly serious way at a national, urban and neighbourhood level.
The helpdesk was therefore created as an aggregation, convivial and recreational tool to encourage mutual cultural knowledge between participants, as well as the integration between communities.
In pursuing this objective, the helpdesk functions as an transmitter for the organisation and the coordination of a number of activities, in particular:
- Beginner/Advanced Italian courses for foreigners
- Festivals of the Multi-ethnic Republic (2012-2016-2017-2018)Video of the Festival 2018
- Multi-ethnic dinners
- Presentations of migrants books and works/photos
- Information meetings on development cooperation projects of Energia
- Dissemination of services for migrants in the municipality II
- Internet points for migrants
Other cross activities such as non-violent experience workshops, relaxation and meditation courses and territorial listening activities help promoting the culture of nonviolence and the cooperation between people.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org